Murfreesboro Business Attorney
What Constitutes a Contract Dispute in Tennessee?
Below are some examples of the most common business and contract dispute cases:
- Breach of contract - A contract is an agreement between two or more parties which is normally established orally or written. However, if the contract is breached it can possess many legal penalties including jail time and large fines.
- Partnership disputes - A partnership may be disputed due to several reasons including a breach of fiduciary duty, disagreements with how resources should be spent, and failures to delegate both authority and work load.
- Business Torts - Also called "economic torts," these are wrongful acts committed against business entities that may lead to significant financial loss. Any business that is hurt by the act of another business or individual may seek damages in a civil court.
- Restraint of Trade or Competition in Trade - is a common law doctrine relating to the enforceability of contractual restrictions on freedom to conduct business.
- Disputes involving the buying or selling of a business
Of course, this list is not exhaustive, so even if you do not see your specific legal matter here, you should still reach out to our law office to find out what we can do to assist you. If you believe you did not breach your contract, our attorney can assist you with this as well. There are several defenses to a breach of contract and you can rely on us to ensure create the best strategies and solutions to achieve your specific goals.
Below are some defenses to a breach of contract:
- Whether the contract is legal
- If every party that entered the contract was competent when doing so
- If a mistake was made by both parties when entering the contract, rendering it unenforceable
- If there was an intentional misrepresentation of a particular issue in the contract
- If force or mental pressure was involved in the making of the contract
Breach of contract disputes are incredibly common and require the guidance of a knowledgeable attorney. As clear as a contract or business agreement may seem, a plethora of issues can arise, resulting in a lawsuit. At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our business and contract dispute litigation attorney will provide the experienced representation and guidance you need to navigate the issues you are facing, so you can overcome these obstacles.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Murfreesboro Business Litigation Attorney Today!
At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our attorney frequently represents some of the most challenging business and contract disputes involving vendors, competitors, employees, and distributors. We understand how important it is for our clients to address and resolve these complex issues as efficiently as possible. Whether your case can be resolved through skilled negotiation or vigorous litigation, you can trust that our attorney will secure the best possible results.
If you are in the midst of a business or contract dispute, reach out to E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro for the knowledgeable legal representation and support you need to achieve a successful resolution that meets your needs and goals. Such cases are often quite complex and, given what is often at stake, it is crucial to have a legal advocate on your side who will explain your rights and legal options to you. With us on your side, you can feel confident in the outcome of your business dispute.
Contact our law office in Murfreesboro today at (615) 640-4241 to set up an initial consultation with our experienced business and contract dispute attorney.