Land Use, Planning & Zoning
At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our experienced attorney represents individuals, businesses and government in matters involving the use of land in cities and counties, including representing individuals and businesses before boards of zoning appeals and planning commissions, and in litigation involving the grant or denial of proposed land uses and development. You can feel confident in our ability to assist you.
Take the first step in your case today by reaching out to our Murfreesboro law office at (615) 640-4241 to set up an initial consultation with our experienced attorney for the knowledgeable legal guidance you need to succeed.
Common Issues in Land Use, Planning, & Zoning Cases
Our experienced attorney has represented clients in a vast range of complex cases and is backed by a history of success.
Below are some of the most common types of cases:
- Water quality
- Site acquisition
- Project permits and approvals from state, local, and federal agencies
- Wetlands and shorelines regulation
- Environmental remediation
- Growth Management Act compliance
How Are Zoning Decisions Made?
Municipalities typically have a planning or zoning department that proposes zoning ordinances and oversees land use hearings. Such departments typically make all decisions regarding these issues.
This is the typical process:
- First, a public hearing is held where the group or individual whose land is may potentially be impacted can present their case.
- If your land use is not in compliance with the zoning ordinance, you can apply for a variance.
- Landowners must show that they will experience a serious financial hardship in the absence of a variance.
- It is important to note - new zoning laws cannot force an existing use or structure to change.
It is important to keep in mind that every locality has its own procedures for regulating land use and zoning decisions, which is why it is crucial to hire experienced legal guidance. Our attorney can inform you of your rights and effectively strategize on your behalf to ensure you receive the best possible results for your case.
Reach Out to Our Knowledgeable Land Use, Planning, & Zoning Attorney Today!
If you are in the midst of a case involving land use, planning, or zoning, you can rely on E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro to provide the exceptional legal guidance you need. Our attorney will inform you of your land use and zoning options, so you can choose the best course of action moving forward. Such cases can be complex and should not be tackled on your own, without the assistance of a skilled legal advocate.
Do not hesitate to retain skilled legal counsel. Reach out to our experienced Murfreesboro attorney at (615) 640-4241 to set up an initial consultation, discuss your case, and learn more about what we can do for you.