Probate, Conservatorships, Guardianships Helping Individuals, Business Entities & Families

Probate, Conservatorships, and Guardianships in Murfreesboro

Protecting Your Loved One’s Wellbeing and Interests

When an individual becomes incapacitated, a relative or other interested party must attend probate court and petition for conservatorship. It is a lengthy and complex process that requires the assistance of an experienced attorney. However, one can forego the process by appointing your own chosen advocate to ensure your wishes are respected. At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our attorney has the knowledge and experience to either help you navigate this process or help you plan for the future.

Reach out to our Murfreesboro law office today at (615) 640-4241 to request an initial consultation and learn more about the services we provide.

What Can a Conservator or Guardian Do?couple signing probate contract

Conservators have a legal duty to act on behalf of the best interests of their ward. One can either appoint a conservator in an estate plan or, if an individual becomes incapacitated without such a plan in place, the court may appoint a conservator. A conservator will deal with an individual’s financial, personal, and medical decisions on behalf of their ward. Serving as one’s conservator or guardian (if the ward is a juvenile) is a major responsibility and there are several factors that must be considered when choosing or appointing an individual to fulfill these obligations.

Below are some of the responsibilities of a conservator or guardian:

  • Protect the ward and ensure a safe living environment
  • Oversee the health care needs of the ward and ensuring they are met
  • Act in the best interests of the ward
  • Take control of the ward’s assets and file an inventory with the court
  • Develop a budget and property management plan for the use of the ward’s assets
  • Account for the ward’s income and expenditures every year
  • When the ward passes, close the estate and oversee the burial of the ward

Assigning a proper conservator or guardian is crucial for ensuring an incapacitated loved one’s wellbeing and interests are effectively protected. You can rely on our law firm to assist you with this challenging process.

Contact Our Murfreesboro Law Office for the Skilled Legal Guidance You Need Today!

If your loved one has fallen ill or otherwise become incapacitated and cannot make important decisions, you can rely on the experienced attorney at E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro for the skilled legal counsel you need to ensure your loved one’s interests are protected. You can rely on us for the exceptional legal support and advice you need during this difficult time.

Get started and reach out to our Murfreesboro law office today at (615) 640-4241 to request an initial consultation with our compassionate and knowledgeable attorney and learn more about our legal services.

Our Difference

Helping You Overcome Complexity
  • Meticulous Attention to Detail

    Throughout your case, we'll review the details together in order to help give you the strongest chance at seeking an effective result.

  • Personalized & Strategic Guidance

    We take an intellectual approach to your case. We'll review everything together and create a personalized plan that suits your specific needs.

  • Your Story Matters

    Before we start on your case, we take the time to understand and hear your side of the story, what is important to you, and your goals.

Contact Us

Call 615-640-4241 or Submit a Form
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.