Child Custody and Parenting Plan Modifications in Murfreesboro
Committed to Providing Zealous Advocacy
Child custody and visitation are not set in stone. The arrangement that worked when you and your spouse divorced may not always serve the best interests of your children as your family’s life continues to change and evolve with time. At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our child custody attorneys are committed to providing compassionate and personalized attention and guidance for every client we serve. You can rely on our team to secure the best possible results for your child custody modification case.
Modifying Child Custody and Parenting Plans
In Tennessee, if you wish to modify your child custody order or a parenting plan, you must petition the court with this request. Since family courts believe stability is in the best interest of a child, you will have to prove that there is a material change in circumstances, making the change necessary.
Examples of changes in circumstances include:
- Your children’s needs changed, some of which may be related to their age.
- Your co-parent is not following the parenting plan.
- You or your co-parent’s work schedule or living situation changed, substantially impacting parenting abilities.
A judge will also reassess many of the factors examined when initially determining custody, such as:
- The relationship you and your co-parent have with the children.
- You and your co-parent’s ability to care for the children.
- Both of your work schedules.
- The willingness of you and your co-parent to support one another’s relationship with the children.
- The overall mental and physical health of you and your co-parent.
- The emotional and physical needs of your children.
If you need to make changes to your child custody order or a parenting plan, it is crucial to hire an experienced attorney to ensure the best possible results.
Discuss Your Child Custody or Parenting Plan Modificaion Case with a Member of Our Team Today!
Child-related matters are challenging for families to deal with, but with compassionate legal support on your side, you can overcome them. At E. Evan Cope, PLLC in Murfreesboro, our skilled family law team is committed to guiding clients through some of the most sensitive legal matters they may ever face. If you need to modify your child custody order or parenting plan, our team can assist you.
Reach out to our law office today at (615) 640-4241 to set up a case review with one of our attorneys to learn more about what it takes to modify your child custody order or parenting plan and how we can assist you.